Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Admiring Eason: Jay Chou 周杰倫


In the Chinese music industry, it seems as if everyone wants to be a part of Jay Chou's 周杰倫 music and bask in his name. In Eason Chan's newest Mandarin album, Admit It, Jay plays a part as he composed and penned the song 淘汰. So has it come down to even Eason needing to use Jay Chou's name to promote himself? Eason explains, "Contrary to popular belief, it was Jay who came up to me and asked how I felt if he wrote a song for me." Eason highly admires Jay's abilities as he continues to explain, "It happened at an award ceremony, he came up next to me and said he wanted to write a song for me." Jay quickly went and wrote the song, in about a month's time he finished writing the song and sent it to Eason. "When Jay came to Hong Kong to promote his new album he asked me, 'So how is it? Did you listen to it yet?' and I had to explain to him I was busy filming and didn't even get to open the package yet, but once I listened to it I'd give him a call," Eason recalls. Jay understood and was not upset, even saying, "I wrote this song for you, even if you wait 10 years, it's still your song."

Source: epochtimes 05.26.2007

***

Getting ready for his upcoming Shanghai concert on November 24, 2007, Jay Chou says he will only invite male singers to be his guest singers at this concert to avoid further rumors with female singers. He says he has already invited the male group Nan Quan Mama and will invite one more male singer. Eason Chan would be his choice. Having written many songs for other singers, Jay was asked whose interpretation of his songs he was most satisfied with. Without hesitation Jay immediately names Eason, saying, "because he best interprets my feelings in the songs I write." Jay goes on to say "When you look at [Eason's] face it looks weak, but I really want to help him shoot an MV because I can create a story with his face."

Sources: sina 10.15.2007 & cctv 10.16.2007

1 comment:

Pypy said...

Oh ! Realli happi dat Jay Chou has admired Eason ! I hope Jay n Eason will collaborate soon ! So great !