Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Eason Talks About Switching Companies, Money, Wife Acting Again & Being Replaced in the Industry



Appearing at a CRHK event yesterday with good friend Eric Kwok, Eason Chan answered questions regarding an ongoing rumor about East Asia Records boss Peter Lam recreating Capital Artists Records and possibly signing Eason to the newly recreated label. "I can say that there is no such thing because there is some time left in the cooperation with my company. Our relationship is great and I am very happy," Eason responds. However, Eason admits to speaking to Denise Ho and Miriam Yeung about creating a Capital Artists Alumni Association to continue Anita Mui's philantrophy.

The hosts, I Love You Boyz, asked Eason how much money he had in his bank account and Eason replied, "Which account? Actually I'm not too sure, I leave it to the bank to care for it." They then asked if he has a billion dollars and Eason answers, "How could I?!"

When asked if he would support his wife Hilary Tsui if she wanted to act again, Eason answers, "If it was before we got married then it would be up to her but that is not our current situation. I feel that if she returned to acting she would find it troubling, plus we have a daughter to take care of." He later contradicts his statement by saying, "But if she really wants to act again I would support her."

Being labeled the current "big brother" (一哥) of the Hong Kong music industry, Eason says he isn't afraid of newer singers taking his 'position'. "I am not afraid, this is bound to happen sooner or later...I don't feel that anyone can completely replace another person so it's not a big deal," Eason says.

Source: mingpao & 163 08.05.2008

No comments: